Position Summary: An experienced Level II, III and IV Demolition Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for operating multiple types of power construction equipment, including grapple trucks such as: trucks, front-end loaders, track loaders, rubber tire loaders, backhoes, excavators, hoe rams, bulldozers, scrapers, end dumps, compactors or skid steers. Excavate, move and grade materials, erect structures, assist with demolition of other hard surface pavement in a safe and efficient manner.
In This Role, You Will:
- Drive and operate heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life in accordance to company policies and procedures
- Perform daily pre-inspections, on-going maintenance checks and manage the daily care and custody of construction equipment maintenance
- Supply input, frequent improvements and changes to company Job Safety Analysis Plan
- Pick up, load and haul debris onsite on Decommissioning and Demolition project sites, operate Grapple and Shears and similar equipment
- Conduct constant inspection and surveillance of surroundings before and during the operation of all heavy equipment to ensure safe ground and slope conditions exist along with an adequate distance between other equipment or team members in the immediate work area
- Communicate with others by all means possible (visible or radio contact), including interpreting hand signals to determine where materials should be safely placed or loaded
- May perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, including: lifting, positioning and securing materials and work pieces during installation
- Equipment Operator position would be considered a "Traveler" position and includes travel to construction jobs to perform work onsite with a monthly rotation back home
What We Require:
- High School diploma or equivalent required plus Class A
- Previous experience performing demolition activities operating heavy equipment such as excavators with buckets, high reach, grapples and shears safely required (Demolition Equipment Operator positions Level II-IV available with wages commensurate to related experience)
- High level of skill and ability to operate and maneuver equipment with buckets, grapples, shears and pulverizing attachments
- 40 hour HAZWOPER training certification, 8 hour refresher, OSHA certification and TWIC would be a plus
- Must be able to understand and demonstrate the limitations of equipment, properly interpret load charts for associated heavy equipment and manufacturer approved attachments
- Must be willing and able work in an outdoor construction work environment with potential exposure to dust, noise, waste, toxic and infectious materials and possible inclement weather conditions
RECON team members are passionate about service, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve ourselves so that we can better support and serve our clients. If you have a growth mindset, love a great challenge and thrive under pressure, you’re probably a great fit for our RECON team! We offer benefits to employees and eligible spouses, domestic partners and children; competitive compensation, paid holidays and time off, company matched 401K and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screen and background investigation results, including driving record and criminal history.