Position Summary: This position is responsible for independently applying cost control procedures, best practices and analysis to an environmental remediation construction project in Virginia. The Project Controls Specialist will be onsite and partner with the project management team in the field to manage schedules, cost and promote a smooth transition of information.
In This Role, You Will:
- Take ownership of the cost control function and ensure integrity of the data being processed
- Establish and maintain an effective Project Controls Program consistent with company policies and procedures on projects, ensure that an integrated schedule and cost control performance measurement process for the entire scope of work is provided consistently
- Establish and maintain the project requirements for safety, quality and productivity
- Monitor, control, and report on exposure, commitment and expenditures by generating and using progress reports, schedule updates and data on productivity
- Analyze physical progress and financial data, identify variances between plan versus actual, and generate timely and accurate forecasts of both financial and physical resources in support of proactive reporting of project performance status, including completion dates, resource utilization, income & cash flow, and financial results
- Provide management with accurate data to make informed decisions and to enable the project to take appropriate actions required to meet budget and schedule related targets
What We Require:
- 5 or more years in project cost control within the construction industry required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration or related preferred
- Experience controlling the costs of multiple subcontractors for earthwork or construction project work
- High level of computer skills required, including: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; with an understanding of project management reporting systems, project cost control, risk management and estimating tools. Experience using SAGE 300 CRE (Timberline) related to controlling cost for projects desired
- Advanced understanding/knowledge of project execution processes and work flow, cost control best practices, budget development and maintenance, change management, risk management, forecast development and project management reporting systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong customer service skills, ability to meet deadlines and produce product with high accuracy
- Must be deadline oriented with the ability to execute assigned work responsibilities and work effectively with little or no supervision
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screen and background investigation results, including driving record and criminal history.
RECON team members are passionate about service, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve ourselves so that we can better support and serve our clients. If you have a growth mindset, love a great challenge and thrive under pressure, you’re probably a great fit for our RECON team! We offer benefits to RECON employees and eligible spouses, domestic partners and children; competitive compensation, paid holidays and time off, company matched 401K and more.