Position Summary: Level I, II and III Heavy Equipment Operators are responsible for operating multiple types of power construction equipment, such as: trucks, front-end loaders, track loaders, rubber tire loaders, backhoes, excavators, hoe rams, bulldozers, scrapers, end dumps, compactors or skid steers. Excavate, move and grade materials, erect structures, assist with concrete pours and demolition of other hard surface pavement in a safe and efficient manner. All job openings are considered "Traveler" positions and will include extensive travel as needed to perform work onsite with a monthly rotation back home.
In the role, you will:
- Operate heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life in accordance to company policies and procedures
- Perform daily pre-inspections, on-going maintenance checks and manage the daily care and custody of construction equipment maintenance
- Supply input, frequent improvements and changes to company Job Safety Analysis Plan
- Gather and load dirt and waste products onto trucks, operate water trucks and similar equipment for dust control and dirt compaction onsite
- Conduct constant inspection and surveillance of surroundings before and during the operation of all heavy equipment to ensure safe ground and slope conditions exist along with an adequate distance between other equipment or team members in the immediate work area
- Communicate with others by all means possible (visible or radio contact), including interpreting hand signals to determine where materials should be safely placed or loaded
- May perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, including: lifting, positioning and securing materials and work pieces during installation
What we require:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience operating heavy construction equipment (Operator Level I-III with wages commensurate with related experience)
- 40 hour Hazwoper training required with a TWIC certification preferred
- Must be able to understand and demonstrate the limitations of equipment, properly interpret load charts for associated heavy equipment and manufacturer approved attachments
- Ability to read survey stakes for alignment and grading required
- Must be willing and able work in an outdoor construction work environment with potential exposure to dust, noise, waste, toxic and infectious materials and possible inclement weather conditions
- Must be able to travel as needed for the Equipment Operator position, this would be a "traveling" position and demand working onsite with a rotation home monthly
RECON team members are passionate about service, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve ourselves so that we can better support and serve our clients. If you have a growth mindset, love a great challenge and thrive under pressure, you’re probably a great fit for our RECON team! We offer benefits to employees and eligible spouses, domestic partners and children; competitive compensation, paid holidays and time off, company matched 401K and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screen and background investigation results, including driving record and criminal history.