Position Summary: Construction Laborers are responsible for performing tasks involving and related to physical labor onsite for environmental remediation, civil and geotechnical construction projects.
In The Role, You Will:
- Supply input and frequent improvements or changes to the Job Safety Analysis Plan
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers and rakes
- Clean, remove and prepare materials used on site to eliminate possible hazards
- Control traffic passing near, in and around work zones; signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery, equipment and materials
- Measure, mark and record openings and distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed
- Observe and comply with all company and specific site safety procedures and project policies, and maintain the construction site in strict accordance with OSHA guidelines
- Communicate with others by all means possible (visible or radio contact) including interpreting hand signals to determine where materials are to be placed or loaded
- May perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, including: lifting, positioning and securing materials during installation
- Responsible for care and custody of tools being used, including daily cleaning and maintenance
What we require:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Previous construction industry experience preferred
- 40 hour HAZWOPER training required for positions at most job sites, the 8 Hour HAZWOPER refresher course, TWIC and MSHA certification preferred
- Must be able to travel as required over extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand math and English to respond to customer requests and follow instructions
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly, climb, operate motorized vehicles and equipment, work in confined spaces, at heights and around heavy equipment required
- Must be able to work in a construction environment with potential exposure to dust, noise, waste, toxic and infectious materials and in possible inclement weather
RECON team members are passionate about service, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve ourselves so that we can better support and serve our clients. If you have a growth mindset, love a great challenge and thrive under pressure, you’re probably a great fit for our RECON team! We offer benefits to employees and eligible spouses, domestic partners and children; competitive compensation, paid holidays and time off, company matched 401K and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screen and background investigation results, including driving record and criminal history.