Position Summary: The Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance and repair of a variety of company owned heavy construction equipment, including: diesel engines, heavy trucks and other construction related heavy equipment.
In This Role, You Will:
- Correct vehicle deficiencies by repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling and replacing major components and parts or systems such as: power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering and hydraulics
- Determine an action plan through the inspection of failed parts and verifiy vehicle performance by conducting test drives, adjusting controls and systems
- Operate excavators, dozers, rollers, off/on road dump trucks and wheel loaders by Caterpillar, Komatsu and/or Terex equipment
- Comply with federal and state vehicle requirements related to testing all engines, safety regualtions and combustion control standards
- Clean and maintain all work areas at the yard, tools and equipment to ensure a safe work environment
What We Require:
- Current Texas CDL license, Class A or B preferred
- High School Diploma or GED and 5+ years experience performing service and maintenance on hydraulic equipment and diesel engines like bull dozers, off road trucks, excavators and other heavy equipment; experience with A/C repair a plus
- Must be familiar with Caterpillar, Komatsu and/or Terex equipment with the ability to operate excavators, dozers, rollers, off and on road dump trucks and wheel loaders safely
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook and skill set for data entry of information into equipment maintenance systems
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, stoop, bend, squat and kneel frequently to service and repair equipment, dexterity is also required to safely use hand and power tools
- Must have the ability to travel as needed to a job site, if necessary
Remedial Construction Services, L.P. offers benefits to employees and eligible spouses, domestic partners and children; competitive compensation, holidays and paid time off, company matched 401K and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screen and background investigation results, including driving record and criminal history.