Position Summary: The Project Manager will lead and direct project teams, ensure deadlines and quality control measures are met, partner with clients, evaluate project work in accordance to a predetermined timeline and budget and align with the strategic goals of the organization and within the scope of the contract.
In This Position, You Will:
- Connect company goals and objectives strategically with day to day efforts, including project management from initial project development, the initiation stage through to closure for all environmental remediation projects as assigned
- Direct all aspects of execution for projects in accordance with the scope of the contract including pre-bid and proposal preparations, project start up, contract management, resource loading and cost controls, material buy out, subcontractor management, cash flow management and change order negotiations
- Collect information using project control tools to show daily progress status, compile information weekly and coordinate monthly project status reports to communicate progress using the Risk Matrix, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) graphs to control projects
- Analyze physical progress and financial data to generate timely and accurate forecasts that support performance status reporting, including completion dates and financial results
- Establish/maintain effective client relationships to achieve active cooperation, prompt payment and additional work opportunities for the organization
- Resolve issues and solve problems that arise throughout the duration of the project
- Lead, coach and motivate project team on a proactive basis; manage oversight of the project team and maintain the project requirements for safety, quality, productivity and ensure they are maintained throughout the duration of the project
What We Require:
- Minimum of ten years of experience managing environmental remediation construction projects related to soil treatment and stabilization, waterway remediation, groundwater control and treatment, site preparation, excavation or earthwork construction work; previous hard money project management experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering/Science, Construction Management or an equivalent related combination of education and work experience
- Previous work experience must demonstrate a progressive increase in financial responsibility, supervisory accountability and leadership with a track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high level of proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and Project. Knowledge of and experience using Primavera (P6) software is a plus
- Must be self-motivated, with the ability to work effectively with little or no direct supervision in a fast paced work environment
- Must be able to travel to the job site, region office, meet with clients as needed throughout the West Coast region as needed, 75% travel
- Must be willing to work in a construction environment that includes: potential exposure to dust, noise, toxic materials, waste and infectious materials, as well as working in inclement weather conditions
RECON team members are passionate about service, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve ourselves so that we can better support and serve our clients. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re probably a great fit for our team! We offer benefits to employees and eligible spouses, domestic partners and children; competitive compensation, paid holidays and time off, company matched 401K and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screen and background investigation results, including driving record and criminal history.