Position Summary: The Environmental Coordinator will coordinate, design and execute a broad range of environmental programs, studies and initiative; focusing largely on water, soil, air quality and treatment issues for projects as assigned.
In This Role, You Will:
- Assist the project management team with preparing, implementing and maintaining the environmental project plan
- Coordinate audit information and inspection materials to ensure conformity, verify and manage the progression of work and maintain complete documentation and files according to company policy
- Create processes and best practices to manage all regulatory and client requirements for the project site, consistently aligning industrial operations with state and local conditions
- Particiapte in client and agency audits, generate regulatory reports and perform both field and desk audits to ensure compliance
- Reduce the impact on local environment by controlling pollution, implementing plans to control waste, conservation of flora and fauna, removal of hazardous substances and hydrocarbons, managment of water in accordance to legistated and contractual requirements
- Performs periodic water, soil and air sampling
- Mitigate environmental risk, determine the root cause of environment issues and plan for appropriate action to overcome them and resolve any issues as needed
- Oversee environmental operations in order to ensure proper maintenance permit renewals and regualtory compliance
- Coordinate the management and disposal of Non-Hazardous Waste and recycled products
- Provide environmental awareness training to crew members, assist when needed to improve awareness and educate new employees
What We Require:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Health Resource Management or a related field of study
- Two years experience working in regulatory affairs within the construction industry related to water quality and water treatment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proficiency in MS Excel, Power Point, and Word required
- Must be self-motivated, able to work effectively with little or no direct supervision in a fast paced work environment
- Must be able to travel to construction job sites to work, meet with clients, work with project management teams, 60% travel
RECON team members are passionate about service, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve ourselves so that we can better support and serve our clients. If you have a growth mindset, love a great challenge and thrive under pressure, you’re probably a great fit for our RECON team! We offer benefits to RECON employees and eligible spouses, domestic partners and children; competitive compensation, paid holidays and time off, company matched 401K and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screen and background investigation results, including driving record and criminal history.