Position Summary: The Estimator I will be responsible for the management and performance of all facets of bid preparation for the environmental remediation group. This position will be based out of the corporate office in Houston, Texas or one of the RECON regional offices: Irvine, CA; Erlanger,KY; or Wayne, PA.
In This Role, You Will:
- Analyze Requests for Proposals (RFP’s), plans, amendments and other documentation to determine scope of work and content to establish costs, preparation time, schedules, materials, design and labor estimates as well as reviewing all documentation for accuracy and competitive bidding
- Develop estimates ranging from time and material to lump sum and unit pricing estimates
- Work in tandem with project management, engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors to manage the understanding related to the scope-of-work, changes, potential Requests for Information (RFI’s) and all adjustments to cost estimates prior to proposal submission
- Consult with clients, vendors and construction team members to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve problems
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors for projects as assigned
- Breakdown the scope of work into definable tasks, development of work crews and production rates for performance of required tasks
What We Require:
- Minimum of five (5) years construction estimating experience that demonstrates estimating environmental remediation and civil construction projects including, but not limited to, soil and groundwater remediation, soil stabilization and solidification, landfill cell construction, as well as site preparation, excavations, earthwork construction, soil and sludge solidification and/or stabilization and site development
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Environmental Sciences or the equivalent related Estimating work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project plus estimating software packages along with Adobe Acrobat; Autocad knowledge and/or previous experience in project management would be a plus
- Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively with little or no direct supervision in a fast paced work environment
- Must be able to travel to construction job sites to conduct a walk through, to meet with clients, work with project management teams, etc. as needed; 20% travel
RECON team members are passionate about service, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve ourselves so that we can better support and serve our clients. If you have a growth mindset, love a great challenge and thrive under pressure, you’re probably a great fit for our RECON team! We offer benefits to RECON employees and eligible spouses, domestic partners and children; competitive compensation, paid holidays and time off, company matched 401K and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screen and background investigation results, including driving record and criminal history.