Position Summary: The Director of Proposals and Marketing is a newly created position that will lead the Proposals and Marketing support functions for the organization. Overall, this person will have comprehensive responsibility to provide leadership and direct oversight of the proposals and marketing team; including communications, training and operations to ensure company goals are met and the integrity of work meets the needs of the business.
In this role, you will:
- Manage every facet of the Bid, Proposals and Marketing process to ensure quality, compliant, winning proposals and branding materials are created, packaged and delivered; as well as professional service quotations and statements of work for RECON opportunities
- Lead the proposals and marketing team to increase the efficiency of every phase of Request for Proposal (RFP), marketing and branding lifecycles to match the growth level of the company and ensure compliance with company guidelines; including creation and implementation of tools like writer guides and standard operating procedures
- Inspire and guide the team to achieve continuous, measurable proposal improvement including applying and implementing lessons learned from de-briefs to future proposal efforts, and improving draft quality written and visual content at each stage of internal proposal draft development
- Perform substantive reviews of both text and graphics to ensure the assigned writing sections comply with RFP requirements, contain win themes and comply with standard formats and style criteria
- Successfully manage a high volume of proposals and bids in parallel, ensuring quality standards and proposal timelines are consistently met and never compromised
- Develop and integrate "win" strategies, themes, discriminators, and value propositions into all aspects of proposal creation plus proactively assess and address any signs of proposal risk
- Lead and support collaboration with cross-functional internal departments to ensure compelling, well-articulated proposals, creative marketing materials and integrated messaging
- Collaborate with technical subject matter experts and product specialists to capture data necessary to respond to all technical requirements specified in solicitation documents, manage the development and standardization of proposal repository content
- Develop, implement, and maintain the use of proposal management tools to monitor proposal status, identify and communicate risk areas to ensure success and meet/exceed scheduling milestones
What We Require:
- Bachelor's degree and fifteen years of experience in all phases of the proposal development lifecycle, with at least 5+ years in a direct leadership role managing a team/department, training, coaching, etc.; Master’s degree preferred
- 10 years of direct experience working within the industrial/construction industry
- Previous experience creating capture strategies
- Well organized with a proven track record of meeting deadlines in a dynamic/agile work environment with ability to track multiple projects, activities, and people at the same time
- thrive working a fast paced with high attention to detail and under stringent time constraints
- Advance proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite applications, with special emphasis on Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and the Adobe Creative Suite with a knowledge of SalesForce.com and SharePoint
- Must be comfortable leading meetings, possess persuasive communication and presentation skills; exceptional writing skills are a must
- Must have effective communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact well with others in a dynamic environment
RECON team members are passionate about service, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve ourselves so that we can better support and serve our clients. If you have a growth mindset, love a great challenge and thrive under pressure, you’re probably a great fit for our RECON team! We offer benefits to employees and eligible spouses, domestic partners and children; competitive compensation, paid holidays and time off, company matched 401K and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screen and background investigation results, including driving record and criminal history.