Position Summary: The Geotechnical Construction Project Manager will be responsible for the overall management of geotechnical construction projects for RECON. This position will work from RECON's corporate office in Houston when not traveling to construction sites to execute project management, work closely with clients and oversee the geotechnical construction work on projects as assigned.
- Manage project development of geotechnical construction projects from initiation to closure related to barrier/slurry walls, jet grouting, deep soil mixing, micropiles soil nailing, sheet/soldier pile and drilled shaft work
- Direct the execution of all aspects of projects, including: pre-bid and proposal preparation, project start-up, contract and change order management, project controls, materials buy-out, subcontractor and cash flow management
- Generate, prepare and submit invoices according to the terms defined in the contract, plus A/R collection as needed
- Establish and maintain effective client relations to achieve active cooperation, prompt payment and recommendations for additional business opportunities
- Provide oversight of project teams ensuring that all RECON and OSHA safety regulations are consistently met and enforced; bottom line responsibility for overall safety on all assigned projects
- Act as a leader within the organization related to the oversight of project teams, crew and the geotechnical construction work performed on the site; build client relationships and rapport with project teams to ensure quality and integrity of all construction work
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing geotechnical construction project work, running a crew plus an expertise in deep soil mixing, micropiles soil nailing, anchors, tiebacks, jet grouting and drilled shafts
- A Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of geotechnical construction work experience on site for related projects
- Must demonstrate an understanding of specialty construction equipment, techniques, drawings, specifications, building materials and geotechnical construction work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook and Project
- Ability to travel as needed to meet clients, oversee crew and projects, about 60%
- Must be willing to work in a construction environment that includes: potential exposure to dust, noise, toxic materials, waste and infectious materials, as well as working in inclement weather conditions
RECON team members are passionate about innovation, safety and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve ourselves so that we can better serve and support our clients. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you are probably a great fit for our team! We offer benefits to employees and eligible spouses, domestic partners and children; competitive compensation, paid holidays and time off, company matched 401K and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screen and background investigation results, including driving record and criminal history.