Position Summary: The Geotechnical Construction Project Manager will be responsible for the overall management of geotechnical construction projects. Direct supervision of project teams, safety and the quality of work plus the financial responsibility of completing work safely, on time and on budget. This position is based in RECON's North East region in Wayne, PA but it will also include travel to construction sites to execute project management.
- Manage project development of geotechnical construction projects from initiation to closure related to barrier/slurry walls, jet grouting, deep soil mixing, drilled shaft, micropiles soil nailing and sheet/soldier pile work
- Direct the execution of all aspects of projects, including: pre-bid meetings, proposal preparation, project start-up, contract and change order management, resource loading, project controls, materials buy-out, subcontractor management and cash flow management
- Generate, prepare and submit invoices according to the terms of the contract for assigned projects, plus A/R collection as needed
- Establish and maintain effective client relations to achieve active cooperation, prompt payment, referrals and recommendations for additional business opportunities
- Management of project teams to ensure all RECON and OSHA safety regulations are consistently met and enforced; bottom line responsibility for safety on assigned projects
- Act as a leader within the organization related to negotiating new project work, building client relationships and assisting with preparation of bids/proposals for RECON's geotechnical division
- Minimum of 5 or more years of experience managing geotechnical construction work performed and a crew plus an expertise in deep soil mixing, micropiles soil nailing, anchors and tiebacks, jet grouting, drilled shafts and earth retention systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering or similar discipline; or an equivalent combination of geotechnical related work experience
- Previous experience must demonstrate an understanding of specialty construction equipment, techniques, drawings, specifications and materials used when performing geotechnical construction work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook and Project required
- Ability to travel to construction sites as needed to oversee crew and projects, 60%
- Must be willing to work in a construction environment that includes: potential exposure to dust, noise, toxic materials, waste and infectious materials, as well as working in inclement weather conditions
RECON team members are passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve ourselves so that we can better serve and support our clients. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you are probably a great fit for our team! We offer benefits to employees and eligible spouses, domestic partners and children; competitive compensation, paid holidays and time off, company matched 401K and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. All employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screen and background investigation results, including criminal history and driving record.